House Style

    The house style of a magazine refers to the placement of pictures and text while paying close attention to its size, color and capitalization. This sets the theme for the rest of the magazine as it sets the tone using the color palette selected and then the placement of the stories. 

    In our AICE Media class, we reviewed two magazines, Town and Country and Car and Driver. We then analyzed their house style and had a discussion on their respective styles. Car and Driver remains consistent with its logo placement and usually places the vehicles featured at a high elevation, as a result, readers can expect this consistent style as new vehicles are then focused on. 

    For my magazine, I want to utilize the color palette I selected and enhance it with the sunset, sunrise, beach photos I will take. Alongside these pictures, I will use a script font that encompasses the relaxing feel I want to apply to my magazine.


    As we get closer to our final product, making decisions with reference to the style of our magazine and our aim is important to understand. I will continue to research ways to apply the calming and relaxing tone I want to achieve by the colors and formatting of my magazine. 

Comments