All About Me

 


    I'm Kevin Perez, a junior at Miami Lakes Educational Center. I like to think of my self as a fun, energetic, organized and caring person – a weird combination, I know. I have a passion for sports and as well as writing about sports which has carved my spot in wanting to pursue a career in Journalism. Here in the Journalism strand at Miami Lakes Educational Center, I have been able to expand my writing to news, feature, and entertainment, all of which I enjoy, while learning and making new experiences. 

    I pride my self in being optimistic and trying to get the most out of each day. I love hanging out with my friends and spending time with my family because those memories are what make each day special. While enjoying my self I have also found a balance in handling my schoolwork to the best of my ability, while going out learning to prepare myself for college, and hopefully a career in journalism after. 

    From the time I started writing, and writing on something I enjoy, I came to the realization why journalism is so great. As journalists, we have the ability to not only express our opinions sometimes but also to inform, and teach those who might not know what it is we are writing about. This duality excites me and drives my dream to be have a career in the journalism field. 

    The photo included above captures me enjoying an experience in which I participated in a podcast with a group of friends at Sports Broadcasting Camp in Philadelphia. The combination of fun and learning which camps like SBC provided, is the epitome of journalism. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

House Style